Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud drive in iPhone

I'm using iCloud drive .

When i want to view some files In my iPhone - these files automatically download after opening Files APP .

After viewing I don't need them IN MY IPHONE but need to keep them in iCloud drive .

1. Is these files stay in my iPhone ? if so can i localy delete them and keep them in iCloud ?

2. What is Recent files and can I delete locally ?

Thanks

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPhone X, iOS 11.3, 256MB

Posted on May 25, 2018 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 12:25 PM

iCloud Drive (and the Files app) is a syncing service - not simply offline storage. Its purpose is to keep the files up-to-date on all your devices. If you make any edits (including deletes) on one device, they will be made on all your devices (and in iCloud). If you want offline storage, explore the iTunes Store for apps like google drive, for example.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2018 12:25 PM in response to rony-z

iCloud Drive (and the Files app) is a syncing service - not simply offline storage. Its purpose is to keep the files up-to-date on all your devices. If you make any edits (including deletes) on one device, they will be made on all your devices (and in iCloud). If you want offline storage, explore the iTunes Store for apps like google drive, for example.

iCloud drive in iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.