Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Wallet support for Insurance Cards (or any generic paper card

I would like to be able to add copies of various paper insurance cards (Medicare or Social Security for example) to the iOS Wallet. iPhone 6 iOS 4.3.1

I cannot figure out how to do that. Is it possible? Documentation I read implies (by not mentioning it) no.

A major step towards all electronic seems to be missing?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.3.1, Wallet Applicatin

Posted on May 25, 2018 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 2:32 PM

J Lewis wrote:

Well, no. It is very easy to forge paper documents. And Apple Wallet is a secure function. Anything added to it has been certified as genuine by the issuer of the document by providing an app to add it to the wallet. If you could add, say a Social Security card to Apple Wallet anyone could create a forged version of your SS card and add it to the wallet, and then pass themselves off as you. Many insurance companies and other services do provide secure electronic documents that you can add; for example, my pharmacy does, and some merchant's loyalty programs do. And I can add airline e-tickets, theatre tickets, etc, but these are all provisioned by an app from the merchant, ticket agent or airline. Having them in the wallet is assurance that they are not forgeries.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2018 2:32 PM in response to J Lewis

J Lewis wrote:

Well, no. It is very easy to forge paper documents. And Apple Wallet is a secure function. Anything added to it has been certified as genuine by the issuer of the document by providing an app to add it to the wallet. If you could add, say a Social Security card to Apple Wallet anyone could create a forged version of your SS card and add it to the wallet, and then pass themselves off as you. Many insurance companies and other services do provide secure electronic documents that you can add; for example, my pharmacy does, and some merchant's loyalty programs do. And I can add airline e-tickets, theatre tickets, etc, but these are all provisioned by an app from the merchant, ticket agent or airline. Having them in the wallet is assurance that they are not forgeries.

Apple Wallet support for Insurance Cards (or any generic paper card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.