Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDMI compatible?

Is iPod 5, 16 GB version 9.3.5 (13G36) model ME643LL/A HDMI compatible?

I have not been able to get a signal on the TV. Could it be the model of my iPod 5 (one with only a selfie camera) that is the problem?

iPod touch, iOS 9.3.5, 16 GB, Model ME643LL/A

Posted on May 25, 2018 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2018 8:43 PM

If you are using the $49 U.S.D. Digital AV to Lightning Adapter with a good quality HDMI cable, then a direct connection to your TV using HDMI should work.

That stated, NOT every app allows a TV/HDMI signal to be transfer through this adapter, through the HDMI cable to the TV.

Without knowing what app you are using that you are trying to get a signal to the TV, it just maybe that certain apps do not allow a TV/video signal to be outputted.

This video out capability is activated on a per app basis, by the developer/s of the app/s.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2018 8:43 PM in response to elisabet17

If you are using the $49 U.S.D. Digital AV to Lightning Adapter with a good quality HDMI cable, then a direct connection to your TV using HDMI should work.

That stated, NOT every app allows a TV/HDMI signal to be transfer through this adapter, through the HDMI cable to the TV.

Without knowing what app you are using that you are trying to get a signal to the TV, it just maybe that certain apps do not allow a TV/video signal to be outputted.

This video out capability is activated on a per app basis, by the developer/s of the app/s.

HDMI compatible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.