Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not working for one contact

I have an iphone 6s. Suddenly I am unable to iMessage my daughter who has an iphone 6. I can only text message her and then I am not able to see her reply on my phone. I am able to see her reply—an iMessage on my iPad. I checked to see if I blocked her by mistake. I turned iMessage off and then on again, I did a hard re-start of my phone and none of this worked. I also tried going to send/receive in settings, messages and using my email, but it still stayed green, a text message. None of these worked. Any suggestions?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 25, 2018 7:53 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 26, 2018 2:48 PM in response to Kmkantor

Hello Kmkantor,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to send iMessage to your daughter and you don't get her replies. To help with this issue, please follow the steps on both your iPhone and your daughter's iPhone as well:

1. Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Check your network connection. To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need to have a cellular network connection. If you turn on Wi-Fi Calling, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi.
  3. Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you’re trying to send, like MMS or SMS, is supported.
  4. If you’re trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging. If you don't see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, then your carrier might not support this feature.
  5. Make sure that you entered the correct phone number or email address for the contact.

If you see a green message bubble

If you see a green message bubble instead of a blue one, then that message was sent using MMS/SMS instead of iMessage. There are several reasons for this:

• The person that you sent the message to doesn't have an Apple device.
  • iMessage is turned off on your device or on your recipient’s device. To check if iMessage is turned on for your device, go to Settings > Messages > iMessage.
  • iMessage is temporarily unavailable on your device or on your recipient’s device.

Learn the difference between iMessage and MMS/SMS messages.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

iMessage not working for one contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.