Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music playlist won't play in order

I have tried everything. Why won't the playlist I make play in order?

Posted on May 25, 2018 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2018 4:25 PM

Hello meljensen88,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding your Apple Music playlist won't play in order. It's possible shuffle is turned on. Review the steps below to see if shuffle is on:

Open the Now Playing screen and scroll down.

Tap User uploaded file to set Music to always shuffle a list of songs selected. Any album, playlist, or set of songs will play in a random order.

If shuffle is on, you'll see User uploaded file. To turn it off, tap the button until you see

Play, repeat, and shuffle music

If the issue persists, force the Music app to close and test the issue again.
How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the behavior continues, tell us if this occurs with multiple playlists. Please include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2018 4:25 PM in response to meljensen88

Hello meljensen88,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding your Apple Music playlist won't play in order. It's possible shuffle is turned on. Review the steps below to see if shuffle is on:

Open the Now Playing screen and scroll down.

Tap User uploaded file to set Music to always shuffle a list of songs selected. Any album, playlist, or set of songs will play in a random order.

If shuffle is on, you'll see User uploaded file. To turn it off, tap the button until you see

Play, repeat, and shuffle music

If the issue persists, force the Music app to close and test the issue again.
How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the behavior continues, tell us if this occurs with multiple playlists. Please include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!

apple music playlist won't play in order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.