Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Freeze

My iPhone 7 used to do this occasionally, now it is frozen about half the time. Since I upgraded software, it still freezes constantly but un-freezes after about 30 seconds. SO FRUSTRATING. I have wiped the phone and reinstalled, no change. I have upgraded the operating system, minor changes. Usually, sleep and re-awaken works but not always. This is the worst phone I have every had. Some days, such as today when I NEED to use it every few minutes for work, it is constantly frozen. I have been a loyal apple product person since the late '80's, but now thinking about getting another brand of phone.

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on May 26, 2018 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2018 8:39 AM

Have you already tried to restore it to factory settings?

To perform this operation, make a full backup of your iphone's content, then follow the steps provided in this support guide, and, at the end, set it up as new.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

When done, test your iphone for a while without restoring data form the backup. If it works fine, then you can exclude a hardware failure.

Then restore your data from the previously made backup. If the issue comes back, than your data could be corrupted.

Repeat the operation from the beginning and add an app at a time, testing your device.

If you still have issues, contact your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider and have your iP7 inspected: Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2018 8:39 AM in response to CraigFromGill

Have you already tried to restore it to factory settings?

To perform this operation, make a full backup of your iphone's content, then follow the steps provided in this support guide, and, at the end, set it up as new.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

When done, test your iphone for a while without restoring data form the backup. If it works fine, then you can exclude a hardware failure.

Then restore your data from the previously made backup. If the issue comes back, than your data could be corrupted.

Repeat the operation from the beginning and add an app at a time, testing your device.

If you still have issues, contact your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider and have your iP7 inspected: Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

Screen Freeze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.