Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Facebook password pop-up

I found another thread for this but none of the suggestions worked, so I am reviving it. I'm getting a pop-up titled "Facebook Password" that asks me to "Enter the password for (my email) in System Preferences. If I hit cancel, it just pops back up. If I go into System Preferences and enter my Facebook credentials, it tells me "Unable to verify account name or password." Interestingly, if I enter the wrong password, it does nothing. But if I enter the right password, it gives me that message. I've tried to 30 times - I'm not typing it in wrong. I'm getting ready to trade in my Mac. So tired of all the bizarre pop-ups and weird chain passwords and crap that comes with using an Apple product. It's always something!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on

May 26, 2018 9:41 AM in response to lmckissack In response to lmckissack

Hi

Go to System Preferences > Internet Accounts.

Select Facebook on the left then click the - (minus) under that pane.

Then click Facebook on the right. Enter your username and password.

See if that makes a difference.

May 26, 2018 9:41 AM

Reply Helpful

May 28, 2018 11:38 AM in response to lmckissack In response to lmckissack

Hi,

Depending if you are in the EU then you may have to agree to some Privacy Update

Some firms are already lagging behind allegedly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44252327

It is interesting you think the issue with Apple.

User uploaded file

7:38 pm Monday; May 28, 2018

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Sierra)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone 6 iOS 11.x and an iPad (2)

May 28, 2018 11:38 AM

Reply Helpful

Jun 7, 2018 1:58 PM in response to dianefromardmore In response to dianefromardmore

I read a post earlier today from someone who had contacted Apple and it said Apple was aware of the problem and is supposedly working on a fix. Since Yosemite is no longer supported by Apple, it may not get fixed in Yosemite.

Jun 7, 2018 1:58 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: lmckissack

Question: Facebook password pop-up