Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to the account "Facebook", Unable to verify account name or password

OS X 10.11.6

I'm now getting a new "Facebook Password Required" notification that takes me to Internet Accounts in System Preferences and pops up a dialog saying "Can't connect to the account "Facebook"".

When I enter my verified correct facebook password, it says "Unable to verify account name or password". My AppleID password changed fairly recently, my Facebook password has not.

One older thread for the same problem suggested deleting the Facebook internet account and re-adding it. Another suggested clicking the "Details..." button and entering the password there, but at least on OS X 10.11.6 there is no option to enter a password, the details dialog only lets me enter a name and a description for the account.

What's going on? Has anyone solved this without deleting the account and re-adding it, which I suspect may lead to a big mess with Facebook iphone synchronization.

iMac

Posted on May 25, 2018 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2018 10:11 AM

Try Finder, Applications and Utilities, opened Keychain Access and deleted the account.

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Safe Mode - About

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

Similar questions

14 replies

Jun 4, 2018 4:40 PM in response to MarkG29387

I did that Mark, deleted all of it including the contacts which pops up after deleting Facebook, from all Mac devices didn't help and this is very annoying. I have the latest Sierra 10.13.4, seems this is a Facebook issue. Otherwise I am able to log in to Facebook in all my iOS devices, with the same password in the internet accounts. If anyone has found a solution, shall highly appreciate your help. Thanks,

Jun 4, 2018 7:31 PM in response to rakeshbee

I did that Mark, deleted all of it including the contacts which pops up after deleting Facebook, from all Mac devices didn't help and this is very annoying. I have the latest Sierra 10.13.4. Otherwise I am able to log in to Facebook in all my iOS devices, with the same password in the internet accounts. interestingly, I can perform the same action from my iPhone. If anyone has found a solution, shall highly appreciate your help. Thanks,

Can't connect to the account "Facebook", Unable to verify account name or password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.