Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t turn off repeat playing music in iTunes

I’m using iPhone X and it’s stuck on repeating a single song.

Posted on May 26, 2018 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2018 8:26 AM

Good morning Kayla8039!

I hate to hear that your iPhone X is stuck playing a song. I'll be happy to help with this.

First, make sure that repeat is turned off for the song:

Repeat songs

Open the Now Playing screen and scroll down.

Tap User uploaded file once to turn on repeat for an entire playlist or album. Tap User uploaded file again to turn on repeat for one song. Tap User uploaded file a third time to clear the repeat.

If repeat is on, you'll see User uploaded file or User uploaded file. To turn it off, tap the button until you see User uploaded file.

This step is from Play, repeat, and shuffle music
If repeat is turned off, but it's still stuck on the song, try restarting the iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Let us know how that works out for you. Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2018 8:26 AM in response to Kayla8039

Good morning Kayla8039!

I hate to hear that your iPhone X is stuck playing a song. I'll be happy to help with this.

First, make sure that repeat is turned off for the song:

Repeat songs

Open the Now Playing screen and scroll down.

Tap User uploaded file once to turn on repeat for an entire playlist or album. Tap User uploaded file again to turn on repeat for one song. Tap User uploaded file a third time to clear the repeat.

If repeat is on, you'll see User uploaded file or User uploaded file. To turn it off, tap the button until you see User uploaded file.

This step is from Play, repeat, and shuffle music
If repeat is turned off, but it's still stuck on the song, try restarting the iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Let us know how that works out for you. Take care!

Can’t turn off repeat playing music in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.