Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash Player 29 doesn't play older tutorial Flash DVD - Any way to make it work?

I have a beautiful retouch tutorial DVD by Gry Garness - aksing for flash player 9.

I installed flash player 29, but it didn't want to play the tutorial. It only displayed the menu, but when you clicked on a course, nothing would happen.

I researched and found it might be a security feature that blocks playing of local files, and I went to system preferences into the advanced pane and added the DVD there.

But it didn't work.

Is there way to still play this DVD? It has amazing content. Or should I install flash 9 on my system just for watching the DVD (is this possible safely?)

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), 512 Gb SSD, 16 Gb RAM,

Posted on May 26, 2018 2:00 PM

3 replies

May 27, 2018 9:56 PM in response to VikingOSX

It just doesn't play the old flash content.

All I get is the menu and the tutorials on the DVD do not play.

I know flash is garbage, but the tutorials were recorded onto the DVD in flash and you have to watch it through a browser.

What state of mind had brought the publisher not to do just quicktime movies, but this flash garbage...

Now there is some information in one of the tutorials I need and I can't run it.

Flash doesn't play a flash file.

Flash Player 29 doesn't play older tutorial Flash DVD - Any way to make it work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.