Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I message

Dear all

please I bought iPhone X since A month ago , and till now i can’t activate my phone number to the I message and FaceTime , it’s keep saying activation unsuccessful I just activated it as an Email but I need it reachable by phone number as well

any help please

Posted on May 26, 2018 5:47 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2018 9:18 AM in response to ahmadfromalraba

Good afternoon ahmadfromalraba,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are not able to activate iMessage and FaceTime on your iPhone X. The resources below will explain how to update your Apple ID with your iPhone cell number and how to activate iMessage and FaceTime. However, these features are not available in all countries.
Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime​
If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime
If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch​

• ​You might have issues using FaceTime for one of these reasons:
  • FaceTime and FaceTime audio calling might not be available for all countries, regions, or carriers.
  • FaceTime isn't available or might not appear on devices purchased in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and United Arab Emirates, including Dubai. However, with iOS 11.3, FaceTime is available on iPhone in Saudi Arabia.

Take care.

I message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.