Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock screen swipe left camera

is there or will there be an option to remove swiping left on locked screen to access camera?

I personally don't find it useful and find many people who seemed annoyed by this feature because you can accidentally take picture in lock screen. I finally got my mother into getting an iphone and she is having issues with this but i have seen many discussion on this issue but no way to resolve it but to completely disabling the camera. which is not a good option because if you want to use your camera you would need to enable it.

an option to remove it from the swiping left on locked screen seems convenient without having to disable camera fully.

iPhone 8, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 26, 2018 7:16 PM

7 replies

May 26, 2018 7:26 PM in response to lobsterghost1

yes but like any technology they make improvements by receiving feedback wither or not the product sells very well.

I am aware I am not writing apple as I did not say in the post that this was directly to apple nor did I say "you, apple".

I have already provided feedback this is to help others in this community who yet to post or is new and have the same issues to join the conversation.

thanks for your reply.

May 26, 2018 7:41 PM in response to xanderfromhenderson

There's no need to "leave room" for other comments. This isn't an opinion or even really a discussion forum. This is a technical support forum for people to ask for technical help from other users. Opinions are irrelevant and not read or responded to by Apple. That's why I provided a link for you to provide feedback to Apple. For more information about what this forum is really for, you might want to read the Terms of Use you agreed to when you signed up for the forum.

May 26, 2018 7:51 PM in response to xanderfromhenderson

No, I understood and am glad you provided feedback. My comment was more to your comment about leaving room for other people to comment. That is not the intent of this forum. The feature works as Apple designed it. Thus there is no technical question to answer here. You could get many others to agree with you, but that won't sway Apple as Apple doesn't use this forum for feedback.

Lock screen swipe left camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.