Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV dropping audio

hi i have a brand new Apple TV gen4 updated with the last update everytime watch something on any app like netflix, calm, hbo go etc the audio drops for 1-2 seconds, this usually happens between 5-10 minutes playing

i have a brand new and good hdmi cable and i use wifi with the Apple TV directly connected to the TV

why this is happenning?

Apple TV

Posted on May 26, 2018 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 8:38 AM

Intermittent signal is often caused by Wi-Fi interference. If the audio buffer reaches its end, the audio will be dropped until new data is received, and the buffer is filled again.

The exact spot where the Apple TV box is positioned, may be unfavorable for Wi-Fi (cables, metal items and similar interfering objects).

Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2018 8:38 AM in response to TheRavox

Intermittent signal is often caused by Wi-Fi interference. If the audio buffer reaches its end, the audio will be dropped until new data is received, and the buffer is filled again.

The exact spot where the Apple TV box is positioned, may be unfavorable for Wi-Fi (cables, metal items and similar interfering objects).

Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference - Apple Support

Apple TV dropping audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.