Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best Mouse & App for Remote Desktop on iPad Pro

Situation:

The interface for iOS (touch and keyboard) is limited, but absolutely fine for apps designed to run on the iPad.

With the portability and sceen quality of the latest iPad Pros, the iPad is becoming a great way to remotely connect to PCs. One massive floor with this is that the software on your remote PC is likely to work best with a mouse and this is where the iPad interface begins to become a problem.

I have seen many posts on this over the years and there are mentions of the Citrix X1 (which is quite hard to affordbly get hold of in the UK) and alike, but the answers are scattered and often related to older versions of iOS. Another problem is that bluetooth keyboards seem to get little support when remoting too (cmd,ctrl,alt keys etc often do not work).

Question:

At this point in time, with iOS 11 and an iPad Pro, what is the best software and mouse to use when remoting to a PC for actual work-related tasks?

(With the purpose being to use PC programs that need mouse and keyboard shortcuts, such as CAD or photo/video editing software)

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.3.1, 10.5” 256GB

Posted on May 27, 2018 3:35 AM

3 replies

May 27, 2018 11:10 AM in response to Ryan-Miller132

Sell your iPad Pro and purchase a more expensive Microsoft Surface tablet that gives you both a full tablet with stylus, mouse and Surface Dial interfaces and full Windows laptop experience and install your current Windows programs on the Surface.

An iPad Pro isn't really the device to do what you need it to do.

You have been using the wrong tool for your needs.

Good Luck to You!

May 27, 2018 2:06 PM in response to MichelPM

Unfortunately there isn’t a mobile device with the capability to actually run the software/files I use.

I have a workstation that I use during the day, and I only need the remote connection for offsite adjustments and quick evening tasks. However, the connection does need a mouse, otherwise it’s not worth the effort.

I understand the advantages of a surface tablet, but having previously owned one, I have plenty of reasons not to go back down that road.

If anyone has any suggestions for iPad related solutions, that would be good.

Thank you for your response.

Best Mouse & App for Remote Desktop on iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.