Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro used with a remote keyboard for mac or mini mac

Hello all, does anyone out there have a link to share for an app that actually works as a remote keyboard for an IPad Pro to a mini Mac.? I see the App Store is full of them but more than half have 2 maybe 3 stars , poor reviews and seem like a waste of time. I just picked up new mini and would like to use my iPad as a remote keyboard.

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 10:12 PM

You are right on your initial assessment and that is those apps that turn your iPad Pro into a remote keyboard for a Mac do not perform well. In my experience, there has been an annoying amount of lag which makes the entire experience a bad one. Those apps are a waste of time.

My recommendation is that you get a good Bluetooth based keyboard for your Mac Mini and put the iPad Pro to a better use and that is to use it as an extended second display with SideCar.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2021 10:12 PM in response to jester1908

You are right on your initial assessment and that is those apps that turn your iPad Pro into a remote keyboard for a Mac do not perform well. In my experience, there has been an annoying amount of lag which makes the entire experience a bad one. Those apps are a waste of time.

My recommendation is that you get a good Bluetooth based keyboard for your Mac Mini and put the iPad Pro to a better use and that is to use it as an extended second display with SideCar.

Axel F.

iPad Pro used with a remote keyboard for mac or mini mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.