Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: what can cause touch id to fail?

iPhone 6 touch id failed. What can cause it?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

May 27, 2018 12:36 PM in response to douglasfromtarpon springs In response to douglasfromtarpon springs

Well, to my knowledge iPhones and other smartphones are not "in love" with sand.

But, as I told you in my previous reply, it's really difficult to give you an appropriate answer about this problem, remotely. It would be only a useless speculation...

Make an appointment at an Apple Store for a check. They will give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

May 27, 2018 9:33 AM in response to douglasfromtarpon springs In response to douglasfromtarpon springs

Dirty home button? Broken home button? Cracked screen?

It's difficult to diagnose this kind of issue remotely.

Please read these support guides:

Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

or

If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you get no help, have your device inspected at your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider: Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

May 27, 2018 9:33 AM

Reply Helpful

May 27, 2018 10:19 AM in response to ProustGiulio In response to ProustGiulio

We are frequent beach goers (we live in Florida)..could sand be the culprit? I’ve since replaced the phone with an iPhone 8 and don’t want a repeat. Thnx

May 27, 2018 10:19 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

May 27, 2018 12:36 PM in response to douglasfromtarpon springs In response to douglasfromtarpon springs

Well, to my knowledge iPhones and other smartphones are not "in love" with sand.

But, as I told you in my previous reply, it's really difficult to give you an appropriate answer about this problem, remotely. It would be only a useless speculation...

Make an appointment at an Apple Store for a check. They will give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

May 27, 2018 12:36 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: douglasfromtarpon springs

Question: what can cause touch id to fail?