Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook Pop-Up

I'm running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6. A few days ago I started to get a Facebook pop-up in the top right hand corner of my screen. It says "Facebook Password Required Enter your password for (my username) in internet accounts" and gives me the option to either close or continue. If I click close, it only pops up again more or less instantly. If I click continue and then enter my password, it tells me that I have entered the wrong password - which is not the case. Can anyone tell me how to permanently get rid of this annoying pop-up which is in a particularly awkward part of my screen and can't be moved? My Facebook access is completely normal and has been unaffected throughout.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 27, 2018 11:36 AM

Similar questions

16 replies

May 27, 2018 3:16 PM in response to Eric Root

Tried that. Doesn't work.

------------- Posted on Mac Forums:

I've google searched my problem: "Facebook Password Required" "Enter your password for account"

Many others have had this problem, but I cannot find a solution.

I've had this Mac Air (currently: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4) for over a year, and this is a new problem as of yesterday.

DETAIL:

1. Go to my desktop or on a webpage (using Safari), right-click (or double tap) picture (.jpg or .png) to bring up menu.

2. Select share to Facebook, then send.

3. Pop-up message states:

Facebook Password Required

Enter your password for "<my FB account>"

in Internet Accounts.

Options are Close or Continue

I select Continue

Internet Accounts window pops up.

Within this window is an inner pop up that says:

Can't connect to the account "Facebook".

Enter the password for user "<my FB account>".

Password:

I enter the correct password.

This message appears in red under the password field:

Unable to verify account name or password.

Result: I can't share pics using my Mac from the web or my desktop to FB.

This happens despite the fact that I can go to a webpage and use FB (password is correct).

What I've tried that has not worked:

- Delete and re-add FB account from Internet Accounts (on Mac).

- Delete FB from Key Access

- Shutdown and restart Mac

Like I said, others appear to have had this problem when I search both google and twitter.

Looking for help solving this problem, please.

================

Trying to post via Mac (Share off of menu), doesn't work. I can log into facebook and post from there. But that's more steps. If I see a pic on the web, I have to save it to desktop, then upload via FB page. Inconvenient vs what I've been doing for the past 5 years: right click pic from web or desktop > Share > FB... this doesn't work anymore. Frustrating.

Facebook Pop-Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.