Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Install OS

I purchased a new iMac and decided to wipe the old one clean, reinstall the OS and use it as a backup system. I booted it in Disk Utility, erased the hard drive and then chose the option to install an OS from the internet as opposed to using the original discs. The installation failed. Now if I do a simple restart, I get a question mark. When I try to boot in Disc Utility (Command-R), I get a message that it has to recover it from the internet. I am asked for my wifi network and password and then get a message that it will take a while. Ultimately I get a message which states:

"Apple.com/support

-2106F"

I have also tried to boot from the original installation disc (Command-C) but still get a flashing question mark. How can I install an operating system when I cannot even boot the computer?

I realize in retrospect it may have not been a wise decision to erase the hard disc, but my goal was to reset entire computer to original specifications.

Any help would be apprecaited.

Thanks in advance.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8), Western Digital Backup Drive

Posted on May 27, 2018 10:52 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Unable to Install OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.