Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay on ipad

i was sent money via Apple Pay. The notice came in on my iPad as my iPhone was off. It isn’t showing up on my phone, now, and I can’t receive the money on my older iPad. Help!

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 27, 2018 1:19 PM

3 replies

May 28, 2018 6:10 PM in response to p535v3y

Hello p535v3y,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are encountering an issue receiving money via Apple Pay on your iPhone. I would be happy to help.

Unless you have changed your Apple Pay settings to Manually Accept Payments, when you receive money it's automatically added to your Apple Pay Cash card that is in the Wallet app. The following resource will walk you through how to manually or automatically accept payments:

Send, receive, and request money with Apple Pay - Apple Support

Specifically, check out this section:

How to choose whether to automatically accept payments

If you don't want to automatically accept payments, you can change the setting. Changing the setting on one of your devices also updates the setting on all of your devices.

1. Go to your card info:
    • iPhone: Open the Wallet app, tap your Apple Pay Cash card, then tap User uploaded file.
    • iPad: Open the Settings app, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap your Apple Pay Cash card.
    • Apple Watch: Use the steps for your iPhone.
  2. Tap the Info tab.
  3. Tap Manually Accept Payments. The next time someone sends you money, you'll see Accept in the message. You have seven days to accept the money.
    • To accept the payment, tap Accept in the message. Or go to your card info, tap the Transactions tab, and find the payment. Tap the payment, then tap Accept.
    • To reject the payment, go to your card info, tap the Transactions tab, and find the payment. Tap the payment, then tap Reject Payment.

Cheers!

May 28, 2018 6:43 PM in response to chuck_3rd

The problem isn’t with the iPhone. I had the iPhone off but the older iPad was on. Because they are linked, the payment came to the iPad but then didn’t show up on the iPhone once I turned it on. Because the iPad is older, I don’t have wallet on the iPad and I use a passcode to open the iPad, not a fingerprint reader. I am not able to download Wallet on to this iPad in order to receive Apple payments.

The person who sent the payment resent the money but now it shows on her bank account as having been sent twice and she said both payments showed up in her Apple account as completed so she wasn’t able to reverse one of the payments.

Apple Pay on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.