Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 plus ringer switch

My iPhone 6 plus ringer/silent switch does not work and Apple say they cannot fix it and want to charge for a replacement handset. This is incredibly excessive for the issue and Apple should be able to provide the repairs for a component of their device. I believe this to be in breach of Australian Consumer Law. I get the plebs in the store don't have much authority to do anything, so how do I get in contact with someone at Apple who has discretion to arrive at a more equitable solution for the issue.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 27, 2018 6:44 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 27, 2018 7:13 PM in response to geoffreyfromlyndhurst

You are welcome to your opinion. But I would say that getting a relatively new device that has been completely refurbished, when my device it out of warranty, for a reduced price and a 90 day warranty is much better than you would be treated by any other manufacturer for a device that is out of warranty.

You can share your thoughts with Apple if you wish, since we are all users here like you. The link is to their feedback page here, https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

May 27, 2018 6:53 PM in response to geoffreyfromlyndhurst

The Mute switch is not something that Apple replaces on the phone. For that, Apple does a replacement. Since your device is out of warranty, it would be the cost of an out of warranty replacement.

You are welcome to use the Contact Support link at the top of the page, however you are going to get the same answer. I don't believe you are going to be any happier with the phone call. An out of warranty replacement comes with a 90 day warranty as well.

May 27, 2018 7:05 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi Chris, thank you for your response. The point is that Apple's policy is a bad one. It is not right that they choose to not offer the ability to fix an issue like this and insist on a replacement. Apple should not bare the cost of a replacement because their policy is not to repair. There are unauthorised repairers who can fix it, however that comes with its own issues. Sure if my phone was stuffed then fair enough but for a button which is also a known issue then Apple must provide a better resolution.

iPhone 6 plus ringer switch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.