Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Bird process

I have the bird process running on my El capitain and the man pages describes it as "documents in the cloud".

I do not use icloud so why is this process running?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on

Jun 25, 2018 9:58 PM in response to macfrombrampton In response to macfrombrampton

I had this issue on two computers, an iMac and MacBook Pro. I had to make certain all iCloud info was shut off in preferences and the restart the computers. (I am running Sierra). The difference was amazing. The background process Bird never runs now - I check regularly with Activity Monitor - and both machines are lightning fast compared to what they were. Also, that’s why I use Dropbox.

Hope you get it fixed.

Jun 25, 2018 9:58 PM

Reply Helpful

Jun 29, 2018 11:13 PM in response to action60 In response to action60

I found that even though this process is related some how to icloud if it is removed from the operating system it will cause "not responding" errors on several applications like text, grapher, grab and more. You can close the process without noticing any affect though.

Jun 29, 2018 11:13 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: macfrombrampton

Question: Bird process