Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud trying to upload deleted files

I stuck with a problem that constantly drains my mac battery and overloading it. I accidentally copied and unarchived my work files, and the problem is there's about billion (don't know for sure, really big amount) of small files with total size of 12 GB. I deleted it and disabled iCloud syncing, but no luck -- bird service and cloudd (iCloud daemon I guess) wont stop working and trying to upload this huge amount of files, which is really really slow (not because of my internet connection but because of their amount). The stop button doesn't work, and I have no idea how can I stop this, because it's loading ~200% of CPU in total (2 cores each per service).

Posted on Jun 9, 2018 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2018 5:35 PM

The only option I found was to log out of iCloud account and press the "Stop Uploading and Continue" button. Through it kept high load after restart, everything become ok after several minutes.

User uploaded file

Similar questions

1 reply

iCloud trying to upload deleted files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.