Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I turn off the two-factor authentication?

I have literally tried everything, followed several instructions from websites (including Apple)! Help please!

Posted on May 28, 2018 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2018 11:10 AM

How old is your Apple ID?

As per Apple's support document on Two-Factor Authentication:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

You can't turn off two-factor authentication for some accounts created in iOS 10.3 or macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and later. If you created your Apple ID in an earlier version of iOS or macOS, you can turn off two-factor authentication.

If you have an account created on earlier versions of iOS or macOS, what happens when you try to turn it off? Are you not seeing the option? Where are you looking for it exactly?

Provide some details of what you have done, and what happened, so someone can help.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2018 11:10 AM in response to Canaram

How old is your Apple ID?

As per Apple's support document on Two-Factor Authentication:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

You can't turn off two-factor authentication for some accounts created in iOS 10.3 or macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and later. If you created your Apple ID in an earlier version of iOS or macOS, you can turn off two-factor authentication.

If you have an account created on earlier versions of iOS or macOS, what happens when you try to turn it off? Are you not seeing the option? Where are you looking for it exactly?

Provide some details of what you have done, and what happened, so someone can help.

Why can’t I turn off the two-factor authentication?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.