Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weirdness when I click on a link in my email (gmail via apple mail)

When i click a link in my gmail account I get linked to "search.anysearchmanager.com." Anyone have any idea what's going on?

VIN, iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on May 28, 2018 12:52 PM

13 replies

May 29, 2018 12:28 PM in response to Brassai

Everything you need to protect your Mac from Spontaneous Attack was included in the box it shipped in:

Safety. Built right in.

We designed macOS with advanced technologies that work together to constantly monitor, encrypt, update — and ultimately keep your Mac safer. And with macOS High Sierra available as a free upgrade, it’s easy to protect your Mac.*

macOS - Security - Apple

The only thing that can protect your Mac from "trojan horse" attack is you skepticism and vigilance.

May 29, 2018 12:08 PM in response to Brassai

1) get rid of Avast, it is incredibly invasive junk ware. It hogs your computers resources, makes it prone to crashing, and break into your secure communications (and botches the break-in) living your computer LESS secure.

It scans all you files, looking for patterns that match antique Windows Viruses that are no threat to you, even if these patterns appear in pictures and files where they could not possible become active.

It provides NO protection from you current (presumed) infection, which was probably caused by "Trojan Horse" attack that fooled you into authorizing an installation.

2) Use MalwareBytes, which is Mac-specific instead of generic, and use it to scan and remove ONCE.

Weirdness when I click on a link in my email (gmail via apple mail)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.