Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not see add contacts on my group text messages. How do I add someone to my group text message

I’m trying to add someone to my group text messages. I’ve hit the i with the circle top right but I dont see any add contact button! I have a iPhone 7 plus with I believe 11.3 op system. I am up to date on my system downloads

Posted on May 28, 2018 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2018 12:06 PM

Hey, Houston0202.

I see that you'd like to add another contact to a group text message, but you're not finding the option to add. I'm happy to help.

Send a group message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- You can add and remove contacts from an iMessage, but it's not available for an SMS or MMS message.

Add or remove someone from a group conversation

Anyone in a group iMessage can add or remove someone from the conversation. You can remove a person from a group iMessage that has at least three other people. You can’t add or remove people from group MMS messages or group SMS messages.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2018 12:06 PM in response to Houston0202

Hey, Houston0202.

I see that you'd like to add another contact to a group text message, but you're not finding the option to add. I'm happy to help.

Send a group message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- You can add and remove contacts from an iMessage, but it's not available for an SMS or MMS message.

Add or remove someone from a group conversation

Anyone in a group iMessage can add or remove someone from the conversation. You can remove a person from a group iMessage that has at least three other people. You can’t add or remove people from group MMS messages or group SMS messages.

Take care!

I do not see add contacts on my group text messages. How do I add someone to my group text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.