Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can an iPhone be hacked??

I have an iPhone 6+ that I bought in 2014. I’ve never really had any problems before but lately strange things are happening. I’m in an adversarial court action against my brother. In the past he hacked my computer by sending me an email that I opened thus giving him my IP address. Since the legal action has begun, when I’m writing to a lawyer unflattering facts about him it seems like random buttons are depressed by themselves all over the text. If this hadn’t happened before I would never come to this conclusion but I’m not fluent with electronics in general and have become very uncomfortable. I went through FB yesterday and blocked him and his wife’s names and every combination of their names but still feel vulnerable. Please help. Thanks,Amy

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.3.1, He hasn’t ever had physical access.

Posted on May 28, 2018 4:59 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 28, 2018 5:06 PM in response to Amy Anne McDonald

The symptoms you describe sound like a failed digitizer. If it occurs only when the phone is plugged it, the cable may be bad.

If he never had possession of your phone it is not hacked. But if you have any doubts at all do a DFU restore of the phone:

• Note that you must have a computer running Windows 7 or later, or Mac OS 10.9.5 or later
  • Install the latest version of iTunes (12.7.4 as of May 2018) on your computer if it isn't there already
  • Reboot your computer
  • Disable any antivirus and firewalls
  • Launch iTunes
  • Connect the device cable to a USB port on the computer (not to a USB hub), but DO NOT CONNECT TO THE DEVICE YET
  • Press and hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons (VOLUME DOWN and SLEEP on iPhone 7/7+) at the same time for 8 seconds, until the screen turns black, then release the SLEEP button but continue holding the HOME/VOLUME DOWN button. If an Apple logo appears while holding both buttons you held for too long; start over.
  • While still holding the HOME/VOLUME DOWN button connect the other end of the cable to the device
  • You should see a message in iTunes saying a phone in Recovery mode has been detected (it may take up to a minute for the message to appear). When you see that message release the HOME/VOLUME DOWN button and the device should restore. When asked DO NOT restore a backup; set up as a new phone.

Can an iPhone be hacked??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.