Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the password on my Time Capsule?

When I open AirPort Utility there are fields for my password, but no selection to update them.

User uploaded filemacOS 10.13.1. Time Capsule purchased 12/2012. FW version 7/6/9.

Time Capsule-OTHER

Posted on May 28, 2018 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2018 7:31 PM

To change the Base Station (device) password.....

Open AirPort Utility on your Mac (Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility)

Click on the picture of the AirPort router

Click Edit in the smaller window that appears

Click the Base Station tab at the top of the next window

Delete the current Base Station Password and enter a new password

Do the same thing to Verify Password

User uploaded file

Click Update at the lower right of the window and the AirPort router will restart with the new settings.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2018 7:31 PM in response to suzannegarn

To change the Base Station (device) password.....

Open AirPort Utility on your Mac (Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility)

Click on the picture of the AirPort router

Click Edit in the smaller window that appears

Click the Base Station tab at the top of the next window

Delete the current Base Station Password and enter a new password

Do the same thing to Verify Password

User uploaded file

Click Update at the lower right of the window and the AirPort router will restart with the new settings.

May 28, 2018 7:20 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Oh, I'm thinking that it would be the Base Station (this is for securing myself against the threat announced by the FBI today). I think that must be for the router itself. And the wifi is what I give people so they can use my wifi connection, and I guess the disk must be for decrypting the disk if I have encrypted it. Am I guessing right?

How do I change the password on my Time Capsule?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.