Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not synch Facebook contacts to Mac

When I try and synch Facebook contacts to my MacBook Pro I'm continually asked for my Facebook Password, which I enter, and always get the error message 'Unable to verify account name and password'. This error message has been popping up on my computer randomly for months, the same also happens on my mothers iMac. I'm running latest version of High Sierra. I went to System Preferences, Internet Accounts, Facebook and deleted the account. I reinstalled it, still didn't work, same error message. Went back to same location, deleted it again. Logged into Facebook on a browser and changed password. Again went back to System Preferences and reinstalled Facebook in Internet Accounts, and again, continue to get the same error message, 'Unable to verify account name and password' when I try and enter new password. I spent about two hours on this, finding hundreds of on line posts for others with the same problem. I had no success with various workarounds suggested. Anybody had definitive success making this work, or is synching facebook contacts to Mac contacts simply a feature that is no longer available?

macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Posted on May 28, 2018 7:51 PM

There are no replies.

Can not synch Facebook contacts to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.