Question: Pages for Mac. Not retaining text hi-lights on PDF exports
I have the Question?
And most importantly, now the answer!
I too was tearing my hair out trying to figure why highlighted text in 'Pages' (for Mac) disappears when exporting to a PDF. I tried to answer the original post, but could not access for some reason, possibly because it was too old.
Hoping this reasonably straight forward workaround may help some people until Apple/Pages sort out the issue.
So here's my fix:
1. Select the text / sentence / para in your Pages document you wish to highlight.
2. Select 'Layout' in the formatting pane, (between 'Style' and 'More'.)
3. Right down the bottom you have a 'background' colour selector.
4. Select a 'pastel' highlight. You can even reduce the opacity via the slider.
5. Save doc and export to PDF. Your text 'highlight' should be retained in whatever PDF reader you fancy (fingers crossed.)
It's ruff n ready... but it works!
Cheers - Mark Mc
Macbook Pro 17", Mac OS X (10.5.6)