Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

contacts app is crashing, won't open

I run an imac with HighSierra installed. Until yesterday I never had any problems with my contacts app. But all of a sudden it started crashing. Now it won't even open. When I click to open it I just get a message that it unexpectantly closed. Well, thanks a lot for that! Any suggestions as to what I can do to restore the functionality? I kind of need this app for my daily work! Thank you!

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), contacts app crashing

Posted on May 29, 2018 4:52 AM

10 replies

May 29, 2018 1:31 PM in response to morning-star

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, that did not work. However, I think I might have located what the problem might be. When I tried to open it from the apps folder rather than the taskbar, I right-clicked on it to get info about the app and noticed that it can't seem to determine its size - under 'size', it just says 'calculating' but never comes to a result. However, I have no idea how this can be fixed.

contacts app is crashing, won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.