Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X looses bluetooth connection

Have any of you experienced any problems with Bluetooth connectivity in the car IOS11?

My Iphone X jumps all the time, loses connection.

If yes, how have you solved it?

I have recently re-installed the phone, deleted net connections and tell the phone to forget BT-connections.

The car is updated and earlier Iphones does not have the problem.

And I have no problems with connecting by BT to Bose- or Sonos-speaker.

iPhone X, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 29, 2018 4:07 AM

1 reply

May 29, 2018 4:25 PM in response to jkarll

Hey jkarll,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like the iPhone is not able to keep a Bluetooth connection to your car, but it is able to with a Bose or Sonos speaker. Since this began after you updated to iOS 11 it may be something else. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. ​There are a couple things you can try that may be able to help. I would recommend you read these articles and use them to help troubleshoot the issue.​

If you connect using Bluetooth

1. Restart your iOS device.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and turn off Bluetooth. Wait for 5 seconds, then turn Bluetooth back on.
  3. Check your car stereo's user manual for how to pair with a Bluetooth device. Most cars require a phone setup on the car display.
  4. If you've connected multiple phones to your car stereo, try renaming your iOS device: Go to Settings > General > About > Name, and type a new name. Then try connecting again.
  5. Update your iOS device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, contact Apple Support.

If you can't pair or connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your car stereo

Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference

Cheers.

Iphone X looses bluetooth connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.