Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Notification Issues

So I have an iPhone 7 that I've owned since they were released and I recently wiped it and restarted everything because of some password issues. Previously, I used the Gmail app for all of my emails, but I decided to switch to the Apple Mail app with my Gmail account for email so that it would connect to the Contacts app on my phone. In the screenshot below are the settings concerning the mail app notifications. I have all of them on, but I don't get notifications for my mail still. I have the overall "allowing notifications" setting turned on for Mail as well. It's not that it doesn't send the mail to my phone, it's that it doesn't notify me. I can open the mail app and view all my unread emails, I just don't receive notifications when I get them. I tried to look in the Mail app itself and see if I can find some settings in there, but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone have an idea why it isn't sending me notifications?

User uploaded file

iPhone 7, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 29, 2018 8:42 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apple Mail Notification Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.