Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internal microphone isn't working on MacBookAir

Greetings,

I'm having a problem with internal microphone from my MacBookAir, using Skype nobody can't hear me. So I went on System Preferences, I've clicked on Sound, then Input, and where there is supposed to be a list of devices it says: NO INPUT DEVICES FOUND.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks a lot

Posted on May 29, 2018 11:42 AM

1 reply

May 30, 2018 9:02 AM in response to federica rotta

Hey federica rotta,

It sounds like there's an issue with your internal microphone, as it's not detected. I'll be happy to help.

If you use an external microphone, are there any issues? Also, running a hardware test can help detect if there are hardware issues with the internal microphone: macOS Sierra: Use Apple Diagnostics or Apple Hardware Test

If an external microphone works or if the hardware test detects an issue, then you may want to look into service options. Take a look here to find some nearby locations to have the MacBook inspected: Apple - Find Locations

Here's some information about receiving service for your MacBook: Mac Service Answer Center - Apple Support

Take care!

Internal microphone isn't working on MacBookAir

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.