Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exports multiple individual tracks GarageBand

Using V.10.2

I am trying to export an MP3 of an individual track within a project that has multiple audio files within that track.

Here's what I have tried:

I have renamed the tracks so I can easily locate them

I have found the GB file, clicked control to show contents and did not see the renamed version

I have tried to highlight the cycle track in the editing field below and export that way

I have clicked the headphones and tried to export that way (unchecking cycle field box)

*In all cases I use "Share", then "Export to disc". That portion I understand. The issue I am having is, it keeps exporting all the tracks in the project.

Please help

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 2 TBT3), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on May 29, 2018 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2018 4:35 PM

Mirmalaide wrote:

I am trying to export an MP3 of an individual track within a project that has multiple audio files within that track.

it seems like you mentioned all the right things, but perhaps you're juggling too many variables, and doing something out of order.

to export each track in a GB project:

1. solo it by clicking the headphone icon in just that track

User uploaded file

2. turn on the Cycle Bar and stretch it to exactly encompass the length you wish exported

User uploaded file

3. choose Export Song to Disk from the Share menu, and tick the Export Cycle Area tickyBox (selecting the quality and fileType you want)

User uploaded file

and then click the export button.

for the next track to export, again turn on the solo button _only_ for that track (turn off any other from the previous export)

that should do it

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2018 4:35 PM in response to Mirmalaide

Mirmalaide wrote:

it seems like you mentioned all the right things, but perhaps you're juggling too many variables, and doing something out of order.

to export each track in a GB project:

1. solo it by clicking the headphone icon in just that track

User uploaded file

2. turn on the Cycle Bar and stretch it to exactly encompass the length you wish exported

User uploaded file

3. choose Export Song to Disk from the Share menu, and tick the Export Cycle Area tickyBox (selecting the quality and fileType you want)

User uploaded file

and then click the export button.

for the next track to export, again turn on the solo button _only_ for that track (turn off any other from the previous export)

that should do it

Exports multiple individual tracks GarageBand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.