Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ok so my macbook pro says update needed everytime i turn my laptop on but when i put my password in and wait for it to update it either shuts down and makes me redo it again or takes forever. idk what to do.

i just need help

Posted on May 31, 2018 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2018 10:40 AM

Hi,

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that might help when there's a problem updating macOS.

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

Then go to the App Store and select Updates from the menu.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2018 10:40 AM in response to kokokiss05

Hi,

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that might help when there's a problem updating macOS.

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

Then go to the App Store and select Updates from the menu.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

ok so my macbook pro says update needed everytime i turn my laptop on but when i put my password in and wait for it to update it either shuts down and makes me redo it again or takes forever. idk what to do.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.