Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is my iPhone infected?

I stupidly clicked on a facebook link on my iPhone which led to a scammy website. I immediately closed the app without clicking anything. Could my iPhone be infected with something?

Posted on May 31, 2018 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2018 2:43 PM

Nope. Apps in iOS run in sandbox mode, which means one app can’t change data that belongs to other apps or the OS itself. If you stumbled upon a phony website, it’s sufficient to close it without clicking anything or entering any data.

In theory, there are ways to infect an iPhone, but most of them either require you to manually install a profile in Settings, or exploit unfixed bugs.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2018 2:43 PM in response to GregoryTrm

Nope. Apps in iOS run in sandbox mode, which means one app can’t change data that belongs to other apps or the OS itself. If you stumbled upon a phony website, it’s sufficient to close it without clicking anything or entering any data.

In theory, there are ways to infect an iPhone, but most of them either require you to manually install a profile in Settings, or exploit unfixed bugs.

is my iPhone infected?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.