Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11.4 and iPhone 6s Battery is Horrible

Ever since I updated to iOS 11.4, the battery life on my iPhone 6s has been horrible. with iOS 11.3.x on a light day, my battery level would be at about 90% at noon. Over the past two days, which were light usage, my batter level at noon was about 70%. I've rebooted my phone and it did not make a difference. At 8:00 this evening my batter was down to 13%.

The only change is that I made is that I switched to iCloud Messages. I did that on my iPad Air 2 as well but the battery life on that is fine.

Battery Health reports that my battery is at 99% capacity.

Does anyone else have horrible battery life on an iPhone 6s?

I have reported this to Apple via Feedback - iPhone - Apple.

Thanks,

Mike

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4, null

Posted on Jun 1, 2018 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2018 9:48 AM

I chatted with Apple support on this and I was told that my battery needs to be replaced. My battery is less than 9 months old. The know nothing about this problem.

I then went back to 11.3.1 and my battery life is great again.

I hope that this is fixed in 11.4.1.

be sure to report this to Apple.

Mike

Similar questions

88 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2018 9:48 AM in response to ujwalfromhillsboro

I chatted with Apple support on this and I was told that my battery needs to be replaced. My battery is less than 9 months old. The know nothing about this problem.

I then went back to 11.3.1 and my battery life is great again.

I hope that this is fixed in 11.4.1.

be sure to report this to Apple.

Mike

Jun 8, 2018 3:26 AM in response to cybrylla

As Mike suggested, please share your info with Apple

I have reported this to Apple via Feedback - iPhone - Apple.

When I had my battery replaced (3-4 days ago), the employees there said they were not aware of any battery drain issues with this update. I read many comments that apple support says they are not aware .... I suspect Apple employees are instructed to say that - "they are not aware" (even if they are aware). So, it can only help if many of us report this issue.

Jun 4, 2018 6:11 PM in response to MikeMcCollister

Same phone (6s) and same problem as many are having. Battery capacity is at 87%, Coconut Battery tells me less than 400 cycles. Prior to 11.4 update I could charge the phone before bed, have it at 100% and then 8 hours later it would be at 97%. Consistently. After the update it runs down to 25% or less overnight. Nothing going on app-wise, all standby time with perhaps 1 or two minutes of app activity.

Tried hard reset, etc. etc. etc.

What is temporarily working: totally disabling Location Services.

Battery performance is as it was before the 11.4 update.

This AM phone was at 100%. End of day (light use mostly) it was at 67%. Did another hard reset just for fun.

Turned Location Services back on.

I watched the battery percentage drop 1% every 10 seconds. Those are not typos. Now if the iPhone was actually burning through that much energy in so short a time it would be at least very warm. Isn't at all.

Could the 11.4 update have messed with the battery software especially the calibration software? And why is it, in my phone, tied to whether Location Services are enabled? Total mystery to me right now. And a very inconvenient one, too.

Jun 5, 2018 6:33 PM in response to MikeMcCollister

I have 6s and suffering from the battery issue since 11.4 upgrade.

Apple store has replaced my phone's battery recently, everything was OK till I updated my phone to 11.4.

Very disappointing with my decision to choose an apple phone over Samsung's.

Capacity 96%

after full charge:

Usage; 50 min

Standby: 6 hours

Battery is sitting at around 20%

by using the phone just a few more minutes the battery will be dead.

Is this kind of a way to make your clients buy a newer version of your phones !!?

Jun 6, 2018 10:51 AM in response to MikeMcCollister

I've had the same issue on my iPhone 6s and disabling location services seems to have fixed it for me. So far, battery life is back to normal. Though obviously that can only be a temporary fix until Apple resolve the problem.

It was almost comically bad. Using the BBC News app, which makes use of location services, I could watch the battery percentage remaining indicator ticking down in real time minute by minute. Since I disabled location services, all seems well.

iOS 11.4 and iPhone 6s Battery is Horrible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.