Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11.4: iPhone Music App Beeps Between Songs?

Since upgrading to iOS 11.4 yesterday, there is one beep between each song and two if I skip a song in iPhone Music App (not Apple Music). The beeps were definitely not there before the upgrade.

Anyone know why or how to turn them off??

Scot

iPhone 6, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 2, 2018 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2018 7:41 PM

I am have the beeps on the Apple Music Player in conjunction with a car Bluetooth receiver. I just tried raising the volume on the iPhone to max (using the buttons). The beeps disappear when volume is at max and reappear at any lower volume setting. Thanks to all who suggested the issue is related to volume control.

91 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2018 7:41 PM in response to boulderskies9889

I am have the beeps on the Apple Music Player in conjunction with a car Bluetooth receiver. I just tried raising the volume on the iPhone to max (using the buttons). The beeps disappear when volume is at max and reappear at any lower volume setting. Thanks to all who suggested the issue is related to volume control.

Feb 14, 2019 1:01 AM in response to itc-hci

dear community,

the beep-issue is annoying. since i noticed recently different behaviour when using Duolingo, i started to make a test on this issue. below are my results shown in a chart. i hope that it helps some people to solve their issue.

IT ONLY REFERS TO THE MENTIONED HARDWARE/SOFTWARE. no other combination was tested.

i found out some interesting things:

• there was already a beep before iOS 11.4 (just less annoying)
  • there are different count of volume levels on phone and headphone (16 vs 15)
  • pushing the volume button on the phone or the headphone can not have the same effect (see issues in Duolingo), so i have no clue how volume adjustment over BT is supposed to work
  • bluetooth is buggy. it's strange that the BT-icon is not working in all constellations

i'll contact Apple and Teufel and try to find out more on the topic in order to understand.

Jun 7, 2018 12:24 PM in response to boulderskies9889

I have the same issue since updating to ios 11.4 last night. Along with the beep, my bluetooth speaker stops playing music and I have to manually hit the volume up button to play more music.

Since this is a new issue with this update and my music played fine yesterday with the previous ios I really don't want to hear from Apple about how this is an issue other than with ios 11.4. It would be completely unreasonable to suggest that the problem is with the speaker as it worked find with ios 11.3 yesterday. This has effectively bricked my bluetooth speaker and I would find it unreasonable to suggest that I purchase a different speaker to resolve this issue.

A timely fix from Apple would be appreciated. I find music vital to helping me get through my workday smoothly and streaming music throughout my office over my speaker is the way I do that. As I said, my speaker is now an expensive brick that will only play one song at a time with an annoying beep at the end. Unless, that is, I am willing to walk to the speaker and hit the volume button after every song.

Jun 13, 2018 3:46 PM in response to boulderskies9889

The other thing I noticed is that it really is a beep before every song, not just between. Select any song to play you get the beep and it starts playing, and then before every song it plays. Select a new song during playback; beep, song starts. It's the same beep you hear when you change the volume.

On another older thread about beeping and bluetooth someone said that turning off System Haptics (under Settings\Sounds And Haptics) fixed their issue. Just for kicks I tried it - didn't work for me.

I also noticed they already pushed an 11.4.1 update to beta. I hope that they are aware of this an the fix is in there.

Jun 14, 2018 5:16 AM in response to red.stang

If I am listening to a song and then skip to the next one, I get two beeps.

And this is only on my Bluetooth audio system in the car. I going to reach out to the manufacturer of that system today and report back.

And I'd also like to take this opportunity to than Apple for the complete lack of input to this site, or even for 2nd level tech participation. This seems like an excellent place to discover issues and enhancements for their products for nothing. So thanks, Apple. We all really appreciate the opportunity to scratch around in the dark with no help from you.

Jun 14, 2018 4:37 PM in response to boulderskies9889

Just want to add my input. First, thank you boulderskies@ck for posting this note and letting Apple Music users know that there is nothing that can be done to eliminate the beeps. The beeps are really annoying! I spent about an hour trying to figure what was going on and finally found your post. I hope this defect is fixed soon.

Really find it hard to believe that Apple could have allowed this fundamental flaw to escape on iOS 11.4.

Jun 15, 2018 4:41 AM in response to intempo247

You're entirely welcome, although I really wish I had something helpful at this point. I've opened up a support call with Apple but all I get are emails thanking me and hoping my problem was resoloved! I've responded twice now that nothing at all was done.

In my particular case, it happens with an add-on BlueTooth kit from GTA Car Kit in my 2006 Toyota Tacoma. The Kit has worked flawlessly for a couple of years now until the 11.4 upgrade, and exhibits the behavior with my iPhone 6 and my wife's iphone 6+. "Tech Support (loosely defined)" at GTA suggested a series of inane steps involving starting the car, pairing and turning the car off and something else. I told them it didnt work.

ALSO, readers of this thread should know that with me, its ONLY the Music app on the iPhone NOT Apple Music Streaming service.

Jun 25, 2018 12:59 PM in response to boulderskies9889

I seriously almost threw away my bluetooth speaker box. It was beeping between every song and then it started to beep randomly in the middle of the song and lose bluetooth connection. This has to be fixed. I am going nuts! I need my speaker box and music while chilling at the pool doing nothing. I want to do nothing, not even re-establish my bluetooth every 2 minutes or listen to beeps! Please help Apple, I have too much invested in you.

Jun 26, 2018 8:19 AM in response to Sanjoseskater

*** UPDATE ***

I spoke to Apple Support this morning with the following results:

* They have had a handful of cases with this exact same issue, across different bluetooth devices.

* They first recommended I back-up, wipe and restore my iPhone 6. I lied and said I already did that. (I will NEVER do that-its code for "we dont know how to solve your problem.")

* Then they said across the handful of issues, it boiled down to working with the manufacturer of the affected device (some simply die and refunds are issued).

I will work with manufacturer (GTA Carkits) to get a replacement and follow-up with Apple after that. I will recommend Apple publish a list of affected devices and manufacturer contact info.

Scott

Jun 28, 2018 5:44 AM in response to boulderskies9889

*** Small Update ***

Bluetooth product vendor (GTA Carkits) tech is working with Apple on this. Apparently Apple IS aware that its an 11.4 upgrade related issue and is working to have it repaired in the 12.0 release. Also, some gobbldygook about Bluetooth 4. (didnt understand that part)

More later after replacement received and installed. I dont expect any improvement.

iOS 11.4: iPhone Music App Beeps Between Songs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.