Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is BRCM-LVG?

I read in an earlier post that this is something Time Warner/Spectrum puts on when you get their service. What? Why?

Creepy, how do I get rid of it?

thanks, Kathleen

Apple TV (4th generation), Showtime

Posted on Jun 3, 2018 12:03 PM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2018 12:00 PM in response to Kate83196

It is a "wireless storeage" setup from the modem, which unfortunately opens a potential hacking loophole through your computer.

There is a similar question which give some leads on this:

What is BRCM-LVG under shared? Is my computer being hacked? By cbg2115, August 19, 2015

Unfortunately, there are no answers that give the exact instructions for disconnecting / disabling this

I just has a long painful conversation with the company Spectrum which just recites a mantra that "We didn't do it, call Apple." Even when I explained that my university's security service told me it is the modem company, they refuse to listen. I may now have to discontinue their company.

Before I do that, can anyone re-post the exact steps for disconnecting and permanently disabling the brcm-lvg on my Mac?

Magnus

What is BRCM-LVG?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.