Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete ibook from mac, iphone & ipad

I am trying to delete a couple of books from all of my devices.

I was able to delete a PDF but it on the books (still in icloud) will not go away.

I downloaded it from the cloud and tried and I have the choice of move or delete

but when i select delete it gives me the choice of "remove download or cancel".

I choose remove download and the book is still there!

Posted on Jun 3, 2018 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2018 6:11 PM

Remove Download does just that. It removes the downloaded book from the iBooks app. But the reason that you still see the book is because purchases can never be deleted from your Apple ID. It will always be tied to the Apple ID that you bought it with. If it shows the cloud icon, it is not on the device, it is in the cloud.

Tap the arrow at the top middle of the screen and go down to Hide iCloud Books>On. That will hide the book so that you ca no longer see it or any of your purchased books in the cloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2018 6:11 PM in response to Sandy4231

Remove Download does just that. It removes the downloaded book from the iBooks app. But the reason that you still see the book is because purchases can never be deleted from your Apple ID. It will always be tied to the Apple ID that you bought it with. If it shows the cloud icon, it is not on the device, it is in the cloud.

Tap the arrow at the top middle of the screen and go down to Hide iCloud Books>On. That will hide the book so that you ca no longer see it or any of your purchased books in the cloud.

delete ibook from mac, iphone & ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.