Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Air - iCloud messages not syncing

I have updated my iOS devices to 11.4 and enabled messages in iCloud and they sync perfectly. I updated my MacBook air to 10.13.5 and enabled messages in the message app and clicked the “sync now” button. Still after 48 hours my messages are not syncing to my iOS devices. I have tried signing out and signing back in on iCloud but still nothing. Any idea on what else to check?

Posted on Jun 4, 2018 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2018 10:02 AM

Two-Factor Authentication is set up on your Apple ID. If you are seeing a requirement to take some action on your iPad to complete the process, then you need to do that. iCloud Messages will only work when 2FA is turned on.

Best,

GB

8 replies

Jun 5, 2018 10:09 AM in response to charris515

charris515 wrote:

This seems to have fixed the syncing of problem. I believe it came down to the two factor authentication not being activated on my iPad. Thank you

2FA is connected to your Apple ID, not a particular device. But, it does seem that the process gets stuck for some people and signing out of iCloud on the device and back it unsticks it.

Mac Air - iCloud messages not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.