Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages on M1 Mac won't sync with iCloud

I bought an M1 MacBook Air and the Messages app won't sync with iCloud even though it was enabled. I tried disabling it first and then when I wanted to enable it again in the Messages settings, it just says "unable to update iCloud settings at this time". I've already disabled and re-enabled Messages in the iCloud settings on my iPhone, but it still didn't work. What's the solution here?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 6:22 AM

If you had changed Apple ID Change your Apple ID - Apple Support or its password Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support from iPhone ( when the iPhone and Mac is signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network initially ) , it has to be updated on Mac What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

See the article If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2022 6:22 AM in response to ir97

If you had changed Apple ID Change your Apple ID - Apple Support or its password Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support from iPhone ( when the iPhone and Mac is signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network initially ) , it has to be updated on Mac What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

See the article If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Messages on M1 Mac won't sync with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.