Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage. Mac OS Monterey ver 12.1. I cannot synch iMesages, options Enable Messages in iCloud and Synch bottom is are missing

iMessage. Mac OS Monterey ver 12.1. I cannot synch iMesages, options Enable Messages in iCloud and Synch bottom is are missing

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 2:08 PM

Tested all of that prior to open the question. Faster resolution:

• deleted/erase my profile from the mac
  • removed the mac from my apple id account
  • started machine from beginning and created the profile again. Then the missing options appeared again.
3 replies

Jan 24, 2022 11:53 AM in response to olaormani

Hello olaormani,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities and for reviewing the related article, Use Messages on your Mac. We'd like to offer our support.

First, check to be sure iMessage is set up correctly on your Mac.

Set up Messages on Mac

Also, ensure that Text Message Forwarding is enabled.

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

From there, make sure you're signed in to the same Apple ID for each device.

Sign in with your Apple ID

If this concern continues after taking the steps above, our resolution is to contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: 

Get Support

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.