Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enable Ask to Buy on Family Purchases

I have Family Sharing and Ask to Buy enabled on my child's account. I recently discovered my child could download apps that were purchased by me and made available via Family Sharing without having to request my permission to install on their device. All non Family Sharing apps require my approval, but there are some apps that I have that I don't necessarily want her to have access to. Is there a way to require Ask to Buy on Family Purchases for minors?

Posted on Jun 4, 2018 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2018 1:50 PM

Hi Damon ...

"Kids under 13 can have their own Apple IDs. As a parent or legal guardian, the organizer creates the child’s Apple ID and adds the child to the family group. Ask to Buy is turned on by default, and the organizer can also limit the content kids have access to on their devices through Restrictions on an iOS device or parental controls in macOS and iTunes."

Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2018 1:50 PM in response to damonfromalpharetta

Hi Damon ...

"Kids under 13 can have their own Apple IDs. As a parent or legal guardian, the organizer creates the child’s Apple ID and adds the child to the family group. Ask to Buy is turned on by default, and the organizer can also limit the content kids have access to on their devices through Restrictions on an iOS device or parental controls in macOS and iTunes."

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Enable Ask to Buy on Family Purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.