Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad not sleeping in guided access

Since the latest download, my ipad will not go into sleep mode while in guided access. It used to. I have looked under options and turned on and off the "sleep/wake" button. I went into settings and the only thing there is if you want a sound or something. The device is set to go to sleep at 2 minutes, but it does not. It will sleep when out of guided access. Please advise.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 6, 2018 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2018 4:01 AM

I am using the iPad as a wall-mounted tablet.

Until iOS 11.3 it was working without any problems.

Since iOS 11.4 I can observe exactly the same behaviour as @ronniefromtexas described.

I have also tested it with and without connected power supply. No difference.

Please restore the old behaviour or make it configurable as described in your own support document:

Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

There it says: "Set whether the device can go to sleep during a session".

However, this option was never present in any recent iOS version as far as I remember.

For a wall-mounted display it is crucial to be able to use guided access and also let the device go to sleep after some idle time.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2018 4:01 AM in response to ronniefromtexas

I am using the iPad as a wall-mounted tablet.

Until iOS 11.3 it was working without any problems.

Since iOS 11.4 I can observe exactly the same behaviour as @ronniefromtexas described.

I have also tested it with and without connected power supply. No difference.

Please restore the old behaviour or make it configurable as described in your own support document:

Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

There it says: "Set whether the device can go to sleep during a session".

However, this option was never present in any recent iOS version as far as I remember.

For a wall-mounted display it is crucial to be able to use guided access and also let the device go to sleep after some idle time.

ipad not sleeping in guided access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.