Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is 32 Gb enough for iPad 2018 ?

I want to buy Ipad 2018 but I am confused whether I should buy 32GB or 128GB. I would like to know that if I keep usual apps then how much storage will be free for usage ?

Posted on Jun 6, 2018 6:17 AM

5 replies

Jun 6, 2018 6:33 AM in response to pradeep2479

You cannot upgrade storage on any iOS device so always best to get as much as possible. And honestly, with over 2 million apps in the App Store there is no such thing as the “usual” apps or usage. Peoples usage patterns vary tremendously.

Do you take a lot a lot of pictures or videos? Do you want room for lots of movies, tv shows, etc. Some people have hundreds of apps on their devices, others will only have a handful. Some people work with large files, others not. Etc.

Jun 8, 2018 1:27 AM in response to pradeep2479

With a 32 GBs iDevice, after formatting, installation of iOS and all of its default apps, you end with approx 27-28 GBs of actual free data storage space.

For an iPad to continue to work at an acceptable, nominal level of performance, you need to maintain, at least, between 2-3 GBs, bringing your actual free data storage space down between approx, 24-26 GBs.

A 128 GBs iDevice will net you approx. 118-120 GBs of actual free data storage space

If this helps.

Is 32 Gb enough for iPad 2018 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.