Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot open Mail app after update

Since I update the system to Sierra 10.13.5 I cannot open my Mail app.

Could someone help me to solve this problem 🙂

Mac Pro

Posted on Jun 6, 2018 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2018 11:02 AM

Hi,

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that can help after a macOS update.

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

Then try the Mail app.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2018 11:02 AM in response to evgeniafromhh

Hi,

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that can help after a macOS update.

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

Then try the Mail app.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Jun 7, 2018 12:15 PM in response to evgeniafromhh

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

I cannot open Mail app after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.