Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson NX420 Driver Not Found on Mac

Upgraded to new MacBook Pro (os High Sierra) and need to install driver for Epson NX420. When setting it up and the printer is found, under "Add" it does not show the driver and notes "Software for this printer isn't available from Apple. Contact the printer's manufacturer for the latest software." When I go to the Epson site for the driver download it says "The latest printer driver for this product is available from Apple's Software Update."

How do I get the driver? It seems each company is pointing back at the other. Very frustrating as it worked when I initially set up my Mac but after having to do a wipe and start fresh, now it won't find the software.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.5)

Posted on Jun 6, 2018 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2018 12:33 PM

Hi,

I think I found a driver for your printer > https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/Epson-Stylus-Series/Epson-Stylus- NX420/s/SPT_C11CA80201

5 replies

Jun 6, 2018 12:47 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

You seem very knowledgable about Epson setup. Do you know how to set it up to print wireless? It used to work on the old MacBook but stopped years ago. When I got this new one, I got it working wireless initially but as with the wired setup, that was gone when I did the wipe. The Mac doesn't see the printer on the printer list when I try setup wirelessly but does note in the "Windows" menu option. Thanks!

Epson NX420 Driver Not Found on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.