Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enable a disabled iPhone?

how can i enable my disabled phone as i have data thats important in my phone. is there any way i can enable it please help?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 8, 2018 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 4:55 PM

This is not a chat, it is a user-to-user technical support forum. All questions here are answered by volunteer users. You will get an answer when another user thinks they might be able to help you. Additionally, you didn’t start with a new post; you tagged on to a 3 year old thread with 51 pages, that contains 750 posts before your posts. It is only by luck that I saw your post.

It isn’t clear whether you have a disabled phone or whether you have a disabled account, or both. So here are all of the possible answers:

If your phone is disabled See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

If it is your Apple ID that is disabled, click the link below that most closely matches the disabled message:

1,014 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 4:55 PM in response to Justin_May

This is not a chat, it is a user-to-user technical support forum. All questions here are answered by volunteer users. You will get an answer when another user thinks they might be able to help you. Additionally, you didn’t start with a new post; you tagged on to a 3 year old thread with 51 pages, that contains 750 posts before your posts. It is only by luck that I saw your post.

It isn’t clear whether you have a disabled phone or whether you have a disabled account, or both. So here are all of the possible answers:

If your phone is disabled See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

If it is your Apple ID that is disabled, click the link below that most closely matches the disabled message:

Jun 8, 2018 10:36 AM in response to MuneeraAziz

MuneeraAziz wrote:

how can i enable my disabled phone as i have data thats important in my phone. is there any way i can enable it please help?

If your phone is disabled then it's too late for you to try to save data, this should be done on a regular basis not in time of crisis, your only option is to restore your phone using itues

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Dec 4, 2022 2:47 PM in response to sayed80nour

Locked in what way? There are a number of ways people refer to a phone being locked.

Mar 12, 2019 3:13 PM in response to georgette258

If your iPhone is disabled, see the instructions in this support document to enable it, If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If the phone is not disabled, but your Apple ID is, then see this, If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

What exactly are you seeing on the screen?

Jun 6, 2019 11:53 AM in response to smokeyandbandit7117

You are going to have to follow the directions provided in this thread and restore the device to get it working again. If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support If you have not created a backup yet, then you are not going to be able to restore one. If you have not activated it with your Apple ID, I hope the person that you got it from wiped it from their account as they should have, or it may end up being Activation Locked after you wipe it. Good luck, and come back if you have any other questions.

Jun 30, 2019 2:18 PM in response to MuneeraAziz

If your phone is disabled, it has to be erased, but there is good news. As long as you had things such as photos, notes, calendars, reminders, etc. turned on to back up to iCloud, after erasing you'll be able to get everything back. To resolve the issue, log in at icloud.com/find>click devices>all devices>click your device>erase>remove from account OR connect to a computer using iTunes to restore your device.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201274

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Afterwards, set your phone up from an iCloud backup. If you don't have a backup, you can set your phone up as new and as long as you sign in with the same Apple ID, connect to wifi, and turn your options on in the iCloud settings of your device, all of your iCloud data will migrate back to your phone.

To get apps back, go to the App Store>tap 'today' in bottom left corner>tap 'Photo' in upper right corner>tap Purchased

Here you'll see a complete list of everything you've ever downloaded with your Apple ID. The majority of apps are 3rd party and, therefore are backed up by their own server. Once you redownload them and sign in with the same login info, they'll be exactly the same. Next, go to device settings>passwords and accounts>add account and add any email accounts you may have. Turn on options such as contacts, notes, calendars, and reminders to insure to bring all available data to your device.

Jul 6, 2019 2:04 PM in response to samar145

I will copy the text and highlight the link:

If your phone is disabled then it's too late for you to try to save data, this should be done on a regular basis not in time of crisis, your only option is to restore your phone using itunes

LINK-->If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support<--LINK

On almost any web page blue text denotes a LINK, meaning a way to get to another page. You click on the link with your mouse or other pointing device.

Sep 9, 2019 9:31 AM in response to N0rmanJ0s0n

If your phone is disabled you must restore it using the procedure in this link-->If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

It is not possible to recover data from a disabled phone, but after restoring it you can restore your most recent iCloud or iTunes backup and enable iCloud sync to any data that you had set up to sync before it became disabled.

How to enable a disabled iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.