Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth connection drops out

On my iPhone 7 my Bluetooth headset connects but every few minutes it drops the connection and then reconnects automatically. It has done this since the day I received it. I have tried restoring the phone and resetting network settings but it still does the same thing. Before I start a return process are there any other things I should try. And before you ask yes I tested my headset on my wife’s iPhone 7 and it works flawlessly on hers.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 8, 2018 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2018 4:53 AM

Hello,

You should test this on both iPhones in the same environment. There are sources that could influence the stability of your bluetooth connection. It might seem unlikely, but to isolate the issue you would ideally test the headphones on both phones in the same area.

Also make sure you're on the latest iOS update.

If the issue still persists in the idential circumstances, and you already attempted to fix it with Factory Resets. I would contact Apple for this, if your iPhone still is under warranty they might replace your unit. Or send your iPhone for inspection.

Disclaimer: Any cosmetic, fall or water damage is not covered under Apple warranty. If after inspection it turns out it's a manufacturing issue, it will be covered.

More on this topic

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201542

Kind regards,

K

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2018 4:53 AM in response to otis30223

Hello,

You should test this on both iPhones in the same environment. There are sources that could influence the stability of your bluetooth connection. It might seem unlikely, but to isolate the issue you would ideally test the headphones on both phones in the same area.

Also make sure you're on the latest iOS update.

If the issue still persists in the idential circumstances, and you already attempted to fix it with Factory Resets. I would contact Apple for this, if your iPhone still is under warranty they might replace your unit. Or send your iPhone for inspection.

Disclaimer: Any cosmetic, fall or water damage is not covered under Apple warranty. If after inspection it turns out it's a manufacturing issue, it will be covered.

More on this topic

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201542

Kind regards,

K

Bluetooth connection drops out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.